Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm Getting Professional Help

. . . But not the kind I probably, actually need. 

So if you're keeping up with me, you know I'm in the midst of querying a project. I've sent out something like fifteen queries, and every response I've gotten back so far has been a form rejection. On two different versions of the query. 

Fifteen queries isn't a lot. I'm aware that people send out dozens and dozens. And get dozens and dozens of rejections back. Not even getting an inkling, not even one request for fifty pages really bothered me. My two versions of the query went through tons of editing, was read numerous times by the people I trust the most. I thought I had a really good thing going.

So after a lot of thought, I decided to get a professional to edit and help rewrite my query. (If you're interested, I chose Eschler Editing.) I'm PUMPED about it. I've already received several emails on a discussion of just the genre alone, which I struggled over the entire time I queried. In my head I have visions of sending out this version of the query and being overrun by requests to read the manuscript.

Because you know me. I'm an optimist at heart. I don't think I'd survive the writing world if I wasn't. And to be honest, not having to worry about the wording of my query or whether or not my hook is really hooking has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. 

I don't want to be premature, but I may never write another query by myself again.

Ranee`

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! I'm so excited/ scared to be doing the whole querying thing, but it's good to know there's "professional help" out there for me if I ever need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some great options out there and I'm SO happy with the final product. I'll keep you all posted! :D

    ReplyDelete