Saturday, September 22, 2012

An Extra Post: Review, I BROKE MY TRUNK by Mo Willems

Okay, you may have noticed things are not flying as according to usual plan here at Mommy Authors. It's been one of those months. I missed TWO of my scheduled blog posts. My fellows Mommy Author Bloggers assure me that I've been forgiven and they understand, but I need your forgiveness too, followers. :D

So I want to treat you to a review of a book by an author who is fast becoming a favorite in our house.

I BROKE MY TRUNK by Mo Willems 
Genre: Picture Book
Age: 4+

We have DON'T LET THE PIGEON DRIVE THE BUS, and it's one of those books my boys bring to me over and over and over. And we giggle every time we read it. The best part for me is going all-out-dramatic with the voices. We just ... yeah, love it. So when my six-year-old brought I BROKE MY TRUNK home from school from the library, me and my four-year-old immediately sat down, and voices and all, commenced to LOVE IT as much as DON'T LET THE PIGEON DRIVE THE BUS. This author is a genius. I'm probably late to the show on this one. You've probably all loved Mo Willems from the beginning. Anyway, this book involves a "long, crazy story" about how Elephant broke his trunk, all told in that signature Mo Willems style of dialogue and simple pictures. I adore the way my youngest can tell the story using the pictures. And when he does the voices, it's priceless.

So I need more Mo Willems books. What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment