Saturday, May 16, 2015

Carol Blehm's The Power of Positive Query....

Valerie Steimle

This week has been a rough one for me. I even forgot to do my scheduled post as I was in such a quandary... I let outside influences ruin my writing mojo so here I am trying to catch up.  As I was pondering on something suitable for this post I stumbled upon some old notes from a writer's conference.  These notes remind me of a conversation I have had with myself... I can be my own cheerleader and so can you....


THE POWER OF POSITIVE QUERY
by Carol Blehm



"A Cheerful heart brings a smile to your face; a sad heart makes it hard to get through the day. A miserable heart means a miserable life; a cheerful heart fills the day with song."  Proverbs 15:13 & 15

Do you sometimes think you're guilty of self-sabotage? Do you feel as though you are not in control of your thoughts and actions? Do you have emotions, beliefs, thought patterns, habits you would like transformed?  Is your brain like a computer hard drive that has a virus?

We can't control our subconscious, which is what controls our thought patterns and behavior. We can influence our subconscious by posing positive questions for it to process. These queries short circuit the habitual negative flow and create a new positive thought channel.
When you ask yourself or others negative questions, "Why am I so depressed?", "Why are you always late?" only reinforces what you don't want.  Ask why you have the behavior or feelings you want and they will come. Example:  "Why am I so happy?", "Why are you always on time?"
Counteract criticism - "Why do I have unconditional love for myself and others?"    Acceptance
Overcome doubt:  "Will my  believe in God provide what I need when I need it? -    Believe  

  "Why am I so blessed?" - Release, Gratitude


Overcoming financial stress: "Why do I have enough money to live comfortably while sharing with others the abundance God has given me?" - Abundance

 

"I can make a decision to be positive and 
love myself, or be negative and 
beat myself up."
Carol Blehm
 
Writers are the keepers of the words which can 
inspire the world. Inspire someone today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment