Thursday, December 22, 2011

A few of my favorite things. . .

There are two traditions in our house that aren’t quite as fun as say, riding the Christmas light train, two days of candy making, or downtown's Christmas in the Park.
The first is our annual Long clean out (see the intended pun)- the weekend after Christmas, a date with a big dumpster, and two days of beginning the year on a clean slate.  I love going into the New Year fresh, organized, and energized but. . .
I hate New Year's resolutions.  This is my second annual tradition.  I do not do a “resolution list.”  Goals are fine, but writing down what I want to accomplish over the year can seem a bit overwhelming, and let’s not even mention how ridiculous most of my resolutions can sound on paper (Bungee jumping in Africa anyone?).  Instead I do something called “my New Year's reflections.”  I remember all of my tiny accomplishments throughout the year.  I flip through facebook, my journals, my writings, and soak it all in.  This years reflections began a little early as I sat down to write one of my last blog posts of the year.  It led me to how grateful I am for a number of other bloggers, people who inspire, uplift, and flat out make me laugh.   So I thought, because we’re so close to the holiday, I would steal a line from one of my favorite musicals, The Sound of Music, and give you a few of my favorite things (the blog edition). . .
My favorite. . .
Recipes Our Best Bites
Magazine (where I’m constantly finding new blogs to read) Barrel of Blogs
Voyeuristic addiction Venus/Mars
Vintage style Amy Morby
Book giveaways Inspired Kathy
Literary laughs Bookshelves of Doom
Blog post video of the year (Tracy is no longer blogging, but this made me seriously, out loud, laugh) http://tracynjorgensen.blogspot.com/2011/07/episode-2-dagger-hair-cut.html
And quizzes Stacy's Books
Please feel free to add to my list in the comments below (your own blog or someone else's).  The only thing better than reading blogs is discovering new ones.
Happy Holidays ya'll!

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment