Monday, July 20, 2015

Life is Amazing

Wanna know what's amazing to me?

Life.

Life is amazing. The ability to choose is amazing. The ability we have to make something incredible out of nothing. If I choose to, I can wake up tomorrow morning and start a new chapter in a brand-new book and create a world where there wasn't one before. With a few keystrokes, I can invent a character and give him dialogue, and soon he's conversing with everyone around him and either making their lives easier or more difficult. And with another few keystrokes, I can tell the world about this character and invite everyone to come and meet him.

On another day, I could wake up and decide to rearrange all the furniture in my house. Or get a new job. Or sell my car and get a different one. I could choose to exercise - or not. I could choose to eat that cookie, wear that shirt, watch that TV show, take that nap, plant that garden - it's all up to me. I can choose.

I can also choose to be grumpy and miserable, or to look for the joys that come in the middle of trials. My life isn't decided for me. I get to decide my life. If I find myself in a rut, I can choose to climb out of it.

Sometimes it's hard and scary - okay, it's almost always hard and scary. But it's possible. Anything is possible. Everything is possible. Every so often, something might happen that's entirely out of my hands, but then I can choose how I react to it. No one can make me be happy, just as no one can make me be bitter. It's up to me.

Life is amazing. Life is incredible.And my life is mine, to do whatever I want to with it.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Tristi! Self-determination at its finest, and a gorgeous picture to help inspire those choices. :)

    ReplyDelete