Monday, June 27, 2016

The Lord Needs Me Because I can…

by Lisa Rector

Write this statement on a piece of paper.

“The Lord needs me because I can…”

An intuitive Relief Society teacher had her class write these words on a simple scrap of paper and then listen to President Russell M. Nelson’s recent General Conference talk to finish the statement.

I wasn’t sure what my answer would be. But as I listened to his inspiring words, personal revelation flowed through me. Some of the answers I wrote came from President Russell’s words. Some came from the Spirit.

On a whim, I taped the piece of paper to the lamp on the desk where I write. I look at it every day. And without a doubt, I know that I am someone the Lord needs.

Try the exercise and see what the Spirit whispers to you.

Either read or listen to President Russell M. Nelson’s talk, A Plea to My Sisters. The quote from the talk is below, but I recommend listening to his words. The Spirit will have greater influence.

“My dear sisters, you who are our vital associates during this winding-up scene, the day that President Kimball foresaw is today. You are the women he foresaw! Your virtue, light, love, knowledge, courage, character, faith, and righteous lives will draw good women of the world, along with their families, to the Church in unprecedented numbers!
“We, your brethren, need your strength, your conversion, your conviction, your ability to lead, your wisdom, and your voices. The kingdom of God is not and cannot be complete without women who make sacred covenants and then keep them, women who can speak with the power and authority of God!
 President Packer declared:
“We need women who are organized and women who can organize. We need women with executive ability who can plan and direct and administer; women who can teach, women who can speak out. …
“We need women with the gift of discernment who can view the trends in the world and detect those that, however popular, are shallow or dangerous.”
“Today, let me add that we need women who know how to make important things happen by their faith and who are courageous defenders of morality and families in a sin-sick world. We need women who are devoted to shepherding God’s children along the covenant path toward exaltation; women who know how to receive personal revelation, who understand the power and peace of the temple endowment; women who know how to call upon the powers of heaven to protect and strengthen children and families; women who teach fearlessly.”

So what did I write?



Once we understand the power within us, because of our divine nature, we can accomplish unimaginable things.

We must be “women who know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment