Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Move Forward

I can’t believe I missed my day to post. Life’s like that sometimes. We get busy and some things slip by us. It might be important or not so much. Never a good feeling.

As imperfect beings, no matter how we strive, we seem to fall more often than we would like. It’s easy to get discouraged and give up in life as well as in writing.

There are tons of stories about how many times this author or that sent out a popular books that were rejected: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was rejected 38 times. Lord of the Flies by William Golding was rejected 20 times. Beatrix Potter had to publish The Tale of Peter Rabbit herself. The list goes on endlessly.

 

 It isn’t just in writing. Life is filled with reasons to keep working at doing things better. “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”  Thomas A. Edison


If I started over, I would be a much better mother than I was. I would have followed my heart and worked on my writing years ago. The list goes on and on.

We need to stop beating ourselves up and quit worrying about what we should have done better. We can start today, and do better than yesterday. Check our calendars more, plan ahead better, and do the best we can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment