Sunday, August 31, 2014

Is it Fall yet?

We're coming up on my favorite time of the year. Fall. Autumn. Whatever you want to call it. I have loved this season since I was a little girl. I couldn't wait until I could put on my long sleeves and feel the slight chill to the air. 

I knew school would be starting. I knew football season was starting—which meant social interactions and my mom's bag of popcorn with marshmallows at the bottom. The small things. 

And the colors! If you check my closet, you'll see the reds, yellows, golds, and browns. I can't get enough of it. My family loved to go up in the mountains to see the leaves changing colors. I would stare out the windows just waiting for another explosion of color.

It's fun to share some of these same activities with my kids. We have gone up to the mountains with the kids, but not as often as I'd like. Hopefully this year I can remedy that.

Instead of football like I grew up with, we now spend all our time at soccer practices (one would argue that soccer is actually football in most countries). With six kids playing, we're busy! As I sit at their practices and games, I eat up the chill to the air and the need for jackets. 

So what do you like to do in Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment